MJ Drilling Company Overview
MJ Drilling’s highly experienced team has a combined diamond core, directional, reverse circulation and water well drilling experience of more than 70 years.
We have the tools and capability to ensure your contract is completed on time and budget. Our trusted network of external resources can also be called upon to assist with specialised requirements when necessary.
Having worked for multiple tier-one mining companies and government departments, we believe our high standards of safety, professionalism and productivity set us apart from other drilling and mineral exploration contractors.
MJ Drilling is a family owned company located in Jamestown, South Australia. The business was established in 2016 by Mick and Emma Sangster.
Our fleet currently consists of the following:
- 2 x UDR 1000s with a 330mtr RC, 1500mtr NQ capability
- 2 x UDR 650s with a 250mtr RC, 875mtr NQ Capability
- 1 x 8×8 2018 Mercedes rigid with ROPS
- 1 x 6×4 Mercedes Rigid
- 5 x 6×6 Mack rigid Trucks
- 1 x Prime mover, Semi-trailer
- 1 x dual 5”x 6” Mud pump unit
- 2 fully contained remote area camps
- New, high pressure 2000cfm 1000psi Booster
- Metzke cyclone system to ensure consistent, non-contaminated samples
General Manager / Driller – Mick Sangster
We also have crew vehicles, multiple rod strings and ancillaries for diamond, rotary mud and RC drilling, plus back-up from our fully equipped fabrication and maintenance workshop.
From its humble beginnings, the business has continued to grow steadily; and we have worked hard to become the drilling contractor of choice for an ever expanding client base.
MJ Drilling has successfully completed diamond and RC programs for Havilah Resources, Cobalt Blue, Rio Tinto, Marmota, Simec Mining, Petratherm, Renascor, Leigh Creek Copper, Government of South Australia, Roads and Maritime NSW and Leigh Creek Energy.